Special Licenses and Permits

One-Time-Only Events
The Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board (WSLCB) issues three licenses and permits for one-time-only events:

  • EventSpecial Occasion License: Allows a bona fide nonprofit organization to sell liquor at a specified date, time and place. Special Occasion License applications are available online.  Examples include a fundraising dinner, gala event, auction, or wine tasting.
  • Banquet Permit: Allows the service and consumption of liquor at a private, invitation-only banquet or gathering held in a public place or business. Banquet Permits are available online. Examples include weddings, company banquets, retirement parties, or club, organization or church events.
  • Raffle Permit: Allows a bona fide nonprofit organization to raffle liquor to its members at a specified date and place. Applications are available online or by calling (360) 664-1600.


Farmers Markets
The WSLCB also certifies farmers markets who wish to allow Washington wineries and breweries to sell product for off-premises consumption, and endorses qualified in-state wineries and breweries who wish to sell product at a farmers market.

  • farmers-marketFarmers market certification: Allows a qualified farmers market to have Washington wineries and breweries sell products for off-premises consumption. Applications are available online.
  • Farmers market endorsement: Allows a qualified in-state winery or brewery to sell wine or beer at a certified farmers market. Applications are available online.


Special Business Permits
There are several permits available for businesses that don't fit into a traditional liquor license category.


Following State Liquor Laws
Special license or permit holders must follow state liquor and tobacco laws and regulations during their event. A WSLCB enforcement officer may visit a licensed event to check compliance with state liquor and tobacco laws and regulations. The license or permit must be prominently displayed at the event.

 Please remember:

  • No sales or service of alcohol to persons under 21 years of age and intoxicated persons

  • Intoxicated persons and those under 21 may not drink or possess alcohol

  • No disorderly conduct at the event

  • No sales, service or consumption between 2 a.m. and 6 a.m.

















Printer-friendly version
Drupal 7 Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux