The Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board (LCB) is granted authority by the Washington State Legislature to regulate the production, sale, and distribution of alcohol, tobacco, cannabis, and vapor products in the state of Washington. Through rulemaking, we support the agency's mission to promote public safety and trust through fair administration and enforcement of liquor, cannabis, tobacco, and vapor laws. Our rules impact licensees, the public, and stakeholders, including businesses like grocery stores, restaurants, bars, and cannabis retail outlets, as well as breweries, wineries, distilleries, and cannabis producers and processors, just to name a few. Our licensing division and enforcement and education division implement and enforce our rules.
We are committed to transparency, accountability, equity, and inclusion in rulemaking. Sign up to receive rulemaking updates.
Make a difference. Let Your Voice Be Heard!
News, Updates, and Events
Current and Upcoming
- On Wednesday, December 20, 2023, the response to a Petition for Rulemaking related to "Cannabis Certificates of Analysis (COAs)" will be presented to the Board.
- On Wednesday, December 6, 2023, the response to a Petition for Rulemaking related to "Beer-to-go Endorsements" will be presented to the Board.
On Wednesday, December 6, 2023, the CR 102 on the SSB 5448 / MAST 13 Permit rulemaking will be presented to the Board for approval. If approved, the materials and proposed draft rule language will be posted here shortly after approval and filing.
- Check here for more information on the SSB 5448 / MAST 13 Permit rulemaking.
Friday, November 17, 2023: A Stakeholder Engagement Session on Trade Area Rulemaking was held to discuss proposed draft rule language that can be found here. If you have questions about the project or to submit written comments, please email email@example.com.
- Wednesday, November 8, 2023: The Board approved the CR-101 filed as WSR 23-23-062 to initiate rulemaking on E2SSB related to expanding and improving the social equity in cannabis program.
- Wednesday, October 25, 2023: Board approval of a CR-101 to initiate rulemaking related to medical cannabis endorsement rules.