Cannabis Licensing

If your potential business will be involved with the production, processing, or retailing of cannabis then you need a cannabis license. 

Cannabis Applications

The Cannabis application processing timeframes have changed as our goal is to provide the best customer service with you in mind. Therefore, we have updated our processing timeframes to complete applications within 60 days, with a buildout timeframe of a maximum of 30 days. Applications for cannabis changes and new transportation licenses should be submitted 90 days before the anticipated completion date.

Prior to applying, please obtain any required permit(s) from your local jurisdiction. Not being prepared with your permit(s) or applying to far in advance may cause the administrative withdrawal of your application. 

What to expect:

  • When your application is received a welcome email will be sent to inform you the name and contact information of the license specialist assigned to your application.
  • The assigned licensing specialist will contact you within two business days to schedule a phone interview.
  • Prior to the phone interview you will receive a prequalifying email outlining information.
  • As a reminder, please check your email frequently (both junk and spam) for communication from your assigned license specialist. 

Important Information regarding Applicants who may Apply to be Naturalized United States Citizens

Immigration status is not requested or required for obtaining a cannabis license. However, please note that cannabis remains a federally illegal controlled substance. Applying for a license and/or working within the Washington State cannabis regulated industry may have adverse federal immigration consequences.

Fee and Description Sheet: English | Korean | Spanish
For more information on Cannabis Fees and Descriptions please visit the Department of Revenue's Cannabis Web Page.

License Applications


Change Applications - Use these forms to make changes to an existing license
Please mail applications to the Liquor and Cannabis Board - PO Box 43098, Olympia, WA 98504-3098

Note:  If your application is pending, these forms do not apply to you. If you have any questions please call Customer Service at 360-664-1600

 All fees are non-refundable. Make check(s) payable to WSLCB.


Business Licensing Services Applications - These changes must be started through BLS
These applications must be mailed to BLS, who will then send the application for continued processing to the LCB. This stage of the process can vary in the length of time that it takes. After the application is assigned to a Licensing Specialist they will contact you to discuss the next steps in the application process.


A cannabis license is an endorsement on your Business License issued by the Washington State Department of Revenue (DOR) Business Licensing Service. You must complete the Business License Application even if you already have a Business License, along with a Liquor and Cannabis Board Cannabis Addendum.

If you are forming a corporation or limited liability company (LLC), you must register with the Washington Secretary of State's (SOS) office before filing an application with BLS. The Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board (WSLCB) will not issue a license to a corporation or LLC that is not registered with the SOS. Be sure to include the UBI number issued by the SOS for all license applications and filings.

Note: SOS filing fees are non-refundable and all information received by SOS is public record.

You may need additional local, state and federal licenses for your business that are not covered under the Business License Application. There may be other mandatory permitting/licensing requirements from other regulatory agencies that need to be fulfilled before starting construction. For more information use the link Other Regulatory Requirements

To receive this document in an alternate format, please call 360-705-6741. Teletype (TTY) users may use the Washington Relay Service by calling 711. BLS 700-306 (10/13/15).

*Additional forms or documents may be required by the individual agency.

Printer-friendly version