Get a Mandatory Alcohol Server Training (MAST) Permit


Mandatory Alcohol Server Training (MAST) is required by law for persons who serve, mix, sell, or who supervise the sale of alcohol for on-premises consumption at liquor licensed establishment.

Get an alcohol server permit (Class 13 or Class 12)
Mandatory Alcohol Server Training is provided by third party providers or trainers certified by the WSLCB. MAST training classes are offered in a classroom setting or online. Upon successful completion of the course and exam, your provider will issue you a MAST permit and report the completion to the WSLCB within 30 days. You will receive a Class 12 permit if you are 21 years of age or older or a Class 13 if you are between the ages of 18 to 21. The WSLCB does not regulate the cost of the training, formats and costs vary by provider and program. Click here to find a class provider.

MAST Permits Get New Look
The MAST permit form now has a new look. The new permits are no longer printed on a blue marble background. Instead, they are printed on white paper in black letters and red permit numbers. Please note that previous permits are still good until their expiration date.  



If you do not receive your permit within 30 days, contact the provider and/or trainer. If you still do not receive it, contact the WSLCB MAST Program at, (360) 664-1727 or (360) 664-1728.


Lost or stolen permit
If you need to replace a lost permit, or change the name, send a completed Affidavit of Lost or Replacement Mixologist/Server Permit. Click here for the affidavit. You can also contact your provider or trainer to replace the permit.

Upgrade  from a Class 13 to a Class 12
To upgrade from a Class 13 to a Class 12 permit once you have turned 21 years of age, contact the provider or trainer that issued the permit to you.

Renew your permit
The MAST permit is good for five years and it is not renewable. To prevent working without a valid permit, it is advised that you take a new course 45 days prior to your current permit expiration. There is no grace period to obtain a new permit once your permit expires.


Check the status of your permit
You can access your current permit information by using the MAST Permit Checker. You need to enter either your last name and date of birth, or your permit number. The WSLCB maintains your record for five years, your information will not appear if your permit has expired.


Permit requirements while working
You must have your MAST permit and a valid form of ID readily available for inspection by law enforcement any time you perform duties that include the sale, service or handling of alcohol. The permit is your property, not the property of your employer. If your employer requests it, provide a copy of your permit to your employer and keep the original permit for yourself. Your permit can be used at multiple places of employment or volunteer locations.

Working without a MAST permit beyond 60 days of the initial hire date is against the law. Violation of this law could result in a criminal citation with maximum $500 monetary penalty or up to 90 days in jail or both the fine and imprisonment. In addition your employer may get a monetary fine or license suspension or both.     


Last Call video
The Last Call video is available for employees serving alcohol for an on-premises consumption. This video features personal testimonials from the people affected by DUI, individual responsibilities as a server and the roles of the Liquor Enforcement Officers. The video is not a Mandatory Alcohol Server Training.


Contact Us
If you have any questions about the MAST or need assistance in training, please contact or (360) 664-1727/ (360) 664-1728

Printer-friendly version
Drupal 7 Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux