The Social Equity Task Force is working on defining the criteria of a social equity plan. Below is general information about what may be included in the plan as outlined in law:
- A statement that the applicant qualifies as a social equity applicant;
- A description of how issuing a cannabis retail license to the applicant will meet social equity goals;
- The applicants personal or family history with the criminal justice system including any offenses involving cannabis;
- The composition of the workforce the applicant intends to hire;
- Neighborhood characteristics of the location where the applicant intends to operate, focusing especially on disproportionately impacted areas; and
- Business plans involving partnerships or assistance to organizations or residents with connection to populations with a history of high rates of enforcement of marijuana prohibition.