Make a Public Records Request

Banquet Permits, Public Records Requests, and Household Move Permits will be processed on LCB’s new web portal. Find out more here

For the most effective tracking and response, the LCB prefers requests be made using this link to find a short automated request form under the Submit a Request tab. A step-by-step User Guide is available here for those with questions about how to use the automated request process. 

However, requests can also be sent in via USPS, by email or fax using the contacts below to make sure you and our staff have a record of the request.

Make a Request with the Automatic Webform here.
Or, for use by mail, fax or email, you can print out and use this Public Records Request Form.

Website Website automated form (link)
Mail Public Records Office
Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board
P.O. Box 43080
Olympia, WA 98504-3080
Phone/Fax (360) 664-1769 / (360) 704-4940

To help our staff fulfill your request more quickly, please include:

  • Your name and contact information (address, telephone number, email address, fax number)
  • Date of request
  • LCB strives to provide all records electronically (based on Governor’s Directive 07-08). Should you need your records in an alternative format, you may be charged a fee (see FAQ section for costs). Printed copies of records will be sent via USPS.
  • The specific records you are requesting, or a description of the records you want, which may include:
    • The licensee’s name, trade name, or corporate name
    • The business’s name, license number, or the Unified Business Identifier (UBI) number
    • The street address of the establishment
    • The owner(s) name(s)
    • The date(s) of the incident(s)
    • The time period of the records you want
    • Any other specifics to help us search for and find the records that meet your request

Both the Public Records Act (RCW 42.56) and the Liquor and Cannabis Board section of the Washington Administrative Code (WAC 314-60-100) state that certain types of records and information are exempt from public inspection and copying. Personal, financial, and tax information is confidential and cannot be shared with anyone without the individuals' permission. If you want to authorize the release of your personal/financial records, you need to fill out form LIQ 795.

If you cannot submit your public records request on the automatic portal form, or in writing, you may call LCB’s Public Records office at (360) 664-1769. Our staff will discuss your request with you over the phone.

Printer-friendly version