Note: Due to technical issues our Public Records staff are currently unable to send email to individuals using Yahoo! email accounts. Both WSLCB IT and WaTech are working to resolve the issue, in the mean time requesters are encouraged to provide an alternate method of contacting them until the issue is resolved.
Important Notice about Public Records Requests during Coronavirus Restrictions
On March 24, 2020, Gov. Inslee issued Governor’s Proclamation 20-28 (Open Public Meetings act and Public Records Act). This proclamation temporarily:
- Prohibits in-person contacts with the public that are required by the Open Public Meetings Act (OPMA) (RCW 42.30) and the Public Records Act (PRA) (RCW 42.56), suspending some statutory language that would require such contacts.
- Temporarily suspends the PRA’s requirements for agencies to respond to PRA requests for public records within five business days from receipt, and to maintain business hours for public inspection and copying of records for a minimum of 30 hours per week. It is effective from March 24, 2020 until midnight, April 23, 2020, unless extended beyond that date.
Please know, however, that the LCB public records team continues to accept, process and deliver records while working remotely during this time.
The WSLCB prefers that public records requests be made in writing, email or fax, so that both you and our staff have a record of the request.
You may use our Public Records Request Form.
Public Records Office
Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board
P.O. Box 43080
Olympia, WA 98504-3080
|Phone/Fax||(360) 664-1769/(360) 664-9689|
To help our staff fill your request more quickly, please include:
Your name and contact information (address, telephone number, email address, fax number)
Date of request
In accordance with Governor’s Directive 07-08, the WSLCB strives to provide all records electronically. Should you request your documents in an alternative format, there may be a cost attached (see FAQ section for costs).
Hard copies are sent via United States Postal Service (USPS)
The specific records you are requesting, or a general description of the records you want, which may include:
- The licensee’s name, trade name, or corporate name
- The establishment’s name, liquor license number or the Unified Business Identifier (UBI) number
- The street address of the establishment
- The owner(s) name(s)
- The date(s) of the incident(s)
- The time period of the records you want
Both the Public Records Act (RCW 42.56) and the Liquor and Cannabis Board section of the Washington Administrative Code (WAC 314-60-100) state that certain types of records and information are exempt from public inspection and copying. Personal, financial and tax information is confidential and cannot be shared with anyone without the individuals' permission. If you would like to authorize the release of your personal/financial records you will need to fill out the form LIQ 795.
If you cannot submit your public records request in writing, you may call the WSLCB Public Records Office at (360) 664-1769. Our public records staff will discuss your request with you over the phone.