OLYMPIA – The Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board (WSLCB) today updated its dashboard-style report that includes snapshots of frequently requested marijuana data. The new Marijuana Report is more automated than the previous iteration. Users will see new visualizations and have greater access to the data that powers those visualizations. A list of features:
- Data fields – Enhanced data points to provide more information. Instead of static numbers, customers can now see those numbers broken out into greater detail and visualized. In addition users also have access to the datasets that are powering these visualizations for even greater detail.
- Automation – The former report required manual updating by WSLCB staff. The new one automates much of that work, reducing opportunities for error and frees up staff time.
- Customizable – Customers can manipulate the underlying data to create their own visualizations
- Update Cadence – Now that the industry is maturing with less data variation week to week the agency will be cutting back on update frequency, this new report will be updated mid-month to reflect the previous month’s data.
- Future Improvements – This report will continue to evolve over time. The agency is mid-way through a modernization of its licensing and enforcement systems. As we modernize our internal systems there will be better data to draw from.
The Marijuana Report is posted within the “Frequently Requested Lists” section of the WSLCB website. This section includes a variety of regularly updated marijuana data including lists of all marijuana license applicants, certified labs, approved infused products and other information. While the report will still be located in the same spot it will have a new address so be sure to update your bookmarks.
The mission of the Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board is to promote public safety and trust through fair administration and enforcement of liquor, tobacco and marijuana laws.