The Social Equity Program authorizes the LCB to issue licenses that had been discontinued, revoked, cancelled or not previously issued to eligible Social Equity Program applicants. Applications will be open from Mar. 1, 2023 to Mar. 30, 2023. Learn more information about the available allotments and locations here.
Cannot be within 1,000’ of an elementary or secondary school, playground, recreation center or facility, child care center, public park, public transit center, library, or any game arcade (where admission is not restricted to people age 21 and over).
- The 1,000’ distance is measured from the closest point, parcel to parcel, in a straight line. The LCB uses geographic information system (GIS) mapping to measure these distances.
- Local jurisdictions may reduce the buffer zone to 100’ of the premises listed above (except for elementary schools, secondary schools and playgrounds) by enacting an ordinance authorizing the distance reduction. Contact the city or county authority directly for information on each jurisdiction’s allowances.
Cannabis Restricted Entity map
Must be accessible by law enforcement.
Cannot be connected to a residence, located on federal land, located within another business, or located within the exterior boundaries of a federally recognized tribe without written consent of the tribe.
Below are some of the websites used by the LCB to verify restricted locations:
- Schools: Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI)
- Private Schools: The Washington State Board of Education
- Child Care Centers: Department of Children, Youth & Families
Public Parks: Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission
Local Laws and Rules
Each jurisdiction has their own laws and rules related to zoning, permitting, and licensing. Contact the city or county directly for information.
This page will be updated when information is available.