OLYMPIA – Nine of ten businesses in Chelan County passed compliance checks conducted by the Washington State Liquor Control Board (WSLCB). On October 28, 2015, officers checked eleven businesses for sales/service of alcohol or marijuana to minors.
The lone business was cited for selling alcohol to investigative aides working with officers.
The WSLCB and local authorities regularly conduct compliance checks of area businesses licensed to sell alcohol or marijuana. These businesses include restaurants, grocery stores, liquor stores, neighborhood markets, taverns, wine bars and marijuana retail outlets. Compliance checks are proven tools to reduce the sale of restricted products to minors.
Investigative aides assist officers with compliance checks. These individuals are from 18 to 20 years old. They must either present their true identification or none at all if asked by a clerk.
Enforcement officers are empowered to issue Administrative Violation Notices to businesses that fail compliance checks. Fines or temporary license suspensions can be issued depending on the severity of the infraction or the frequency with which a business has been cited.
Businesses that sold alcohol to a minor:
- Western Market, 1732 5th Street, Wenatchee
Businesses that did not sell alcohol or marijuana to a minor:
- Bill’s Gas, 817 E Woodin Ave, Chelan
- La Brisa, 246 W Manson RD #11, Chelan
- The Variety Store, 230 W Manson Hwy, Chelan
- Manson Bay Market, 610 Wapato Way, Manson
- Sunset Bar, 76 W Wapato Way, Manson
- My Buddy’s Place, 77 Wapato Way, Manson
- Chelan Market, 310 Manson Rd, Chelan
- Pat & Mikes Moods, 53 S Lakeshore Rd, Chelan
- Trav’s Restaurant and Lounge, 20 N Wenatchee Ave, Wenatchee