OLYMPIA – Seven of 14 businesses failed compliance checks conducted recently by the Washington State Liquor Control Board (WSLCB). On October 23, 2015, officers checked 14 businesses for sales/service of alcohol or cannabis to minors.
The businesses were cited for selling alcohol and/or cannabis to investigative aides working with officers.
The WSLCB and local authorities regularly conduct compliance checks of area businesses licensed to sell alcohol or cannabis. These businesses include restaurants, grocery stores, liquor stores, neighborhood markets, taverns, wine bars and cannabis retail outlets. Compliance checks are proven tools to reduce the sale of restricted products to minors.
Investigative aides assist officers with compliance checks. These individuals are from 18 to 20 years old. They must either present their true identification or none at all if asked by a clerk.
Enforcement officers are empowered to issue Administrative Violation Notices to businesses that fail compliance checks. Fines or temporary license suspensions can be issued depending on the severity of the infraction or the frequency with which a business has been cited.
Businesses that sold alcohol or cannabis to a minor:
- The Bake Shop, 19705 N Griffin Rd, Prosser
- Brews and Cues, 104 S 2nd St, Yakima
- Sports Center, 214 E Yakima Ave, Yakima
- Kana Tasting Room, 10 S 2nd St, Yakima
- Red Lion, 607 E Yakima Ave, Yakima
- The End Zone, 1023 N 1st St, Yakima
- Gasperetti's, 1013 N 1st St, Yakima
Businesses that did not sell alcohol or cannabis to a minor:
- Pic-A-Pop #9, 524 N 3rd Ave, Pasco
- Coco's Ahtanum, 1504 Ahtanum Rd, Union Gap
- Jackson's, 432 S 48TH Ave, Yakima
- JSA Oil, 313 S 1st St, Selah
- Selah Viking Mini Mart, 103 S 1st St, Selah
- Nob Hill 7-11, 1711 E Nob Hill Blvd, Yakima
- AM PM Nob Hill, 1801 E Nob Hill Blvd, Yakima