Phase 1: Getting Started on Your Liquor License Application
At this point, you likely filed your Master Business Application with the state Department of Revenue. If not, please start there. Here is a link to the Master Business License section of their website.
Time for phase 1: About 10 days
It should take about 10 days from the time you submit your application to your first phone call from one of our investigators.
During this phase…
- The Department of Revenue’s (DOR) Business Licensing Services processes your application;
- DOR sends the application to us, the Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board;
- The WSLCB Customer Service Team enters/updates your information in our computer system;
- The WSLCB Customer Service Team forwards your application to a WSLCB licensing investigator for review; and
- A notice of your application is sent to the local authority. The local authority has 20 days to respond if they choose to object.
Communication you should expect from the WSLCB
- During this period you will receive an email notifying you that we have received your application and have begun to process your application.