Feb 23, 2010
OLYMPIA – On February 12, nine Pasco businesses failed liquor compliance checks conducted by the Washington State Liquor Control Board (WSLCB) and the Pasco Police Department. Officers checked 34 businesses for sales/service of alcohol to minors.
The nine businesses were cited for selling alcohol to investigative aides working with liquor enforcement officers.
The WSLCB and local authorities regularly conduct compliance checks of area businesses licensed to sell alcohol. These businesses include spirits, beer and wine restaurants, grocery stores, state and contract liquor stores, neighborhood markets, taverns, wine bars and sports/entertainment facilities. Compliance checks are proven tools to reduce the sale of alcohol to minors.
Liquor enforcement officers conduct compliance checks assisted by investigative aides. These individuals are from 18 to 20 years old. They must present their true identification if asked by a clerk. However, they may attempt to be evasive if asked their age but not asked for identification.
Liquor enforcement officers are empowered to issue Administrative Violation Notices to businesses that fail compliance checks. Fines or temporary license suspensions can be issued depending on the severity of the infraction or the frequency with which a business has been cited. Clerks who sell can also receive a criminal citation. Liquor enforcement officers review the past two years when determining fines or license suspensions.
Businesses that sold alcohol to a minor:
- Eastside Super Station, 1303 E. Lewis St.
- Pik A Pop No. 7, 1502 N. 4th Ave.
- Seven Star Market, 1931 W. Court St.
- Albertson's No. 228 Fuel Center, 082621 1440 N. 20th Ave.
- Metro Mart II, 2601 W. Court St.
- Tesoro 415, 4804 N. Road 6
- Wal-Mart Superstore, 4820 N. Road 6
- Sun Mart No. 17, 4805 Road 6
- Family Mart, 508 N. Fourth
Businesses that did not sell alcohol to a minor:
- Paleteria La Palma & Grocery, 2020 E. Lewis Street
- Econo Mart, 1211 E. Lewis
- Metro Mart, 1015 W. Lewis St.
- El Patron Restaurant & Night Club, 1107 W. Lewis St
- Fiesta Foods, 115 S. 10th Ave.
- Stop And Go Market No. 2, 221 S. 10th Ave.
- Sky Market, 830 W. A St.
- 7-Eleven, 1504 W. Sylvester
- Atomic Foods, 1212 N. Fourth
- Mi Lindo Nayarit, 1315 N. Fourth Ave.
- Pik A Pop No. 9, 524 N. Third
- Garibaldi II, 707 W. Court St.
- A & A Mini Mart, 919 W. Court St.
- Kim's Market, 1909 W. Court St.
- Albertson's No. 228, 1330 N. 20th Ave.
- Mr Qwik's, 2519 W. Court St.
- Sun Mart No. 4, 3109 W. Court St.
- Andy's North, 3321 W. Court St.
- Chevron Food Mart, 3720 W. Court St.
- 7-Eleven, 4313 W. Court St.
- Yoke’s, 4905 Road 68
- Washington State Liquor Store No. 35, 2735 Court St. Suite B
- Cousins Restaurant, 4605 Road 68
- Applebee’s Neighborhood Grill, 5305 Road 68
- Sneakers Pub, 1318 N. Fourth Ave.
- 30 -