Hemp: Information for Cannabis Licensees

Growing Hemp as a Producer or Producer/Processor
In order to grow hemp as a cannabis licensee in Washington state, an Industrial Hemp Producer license is required. 

As of January 1, 2020, the Industrial Hemp Research Pilot program has been repealed and replaced with the Hemp Program. While cannabis licensees can apply for a hemp license, they cannot grow cannabis (cannabis with greater than 0.3%) THC in their hemp registered land area, per WSDA rules. 

Licensees should also stay atop federal requirements outlined by the USDA for hemp production, as required by the 2018 Farm Bill




Printer-friendly version