Cannabis Transporter

Allows the licensee to physically transport or deliver cannabis, cannabis concentrates, and cannabis-infused products between licensed cannabis businesses within Washington State.

  • Application is fee $250.
  • Application must be submitted to Business Licensing Service (BLS) either online or by mail.  Information for this license type can be found on their website.
  • May NOT be located inside of another business (including cannabis) or a residence. 
  • Additional requirements:
    • Must submit a copy of their approved common carrier permit issued by Utilities and Transportation Commission (UTC).  All vehicles and trailers must also be permitted by UTC as common carriers.
    • Must provide proof of commercial general liability insurance.
    • Must provide proof of right to the vehicle used for transporting (title, registration, lease, etc.)
  • A final inspection and briefing are required.
  • A Change in Operating Plan application must be submitted to add a vehicle or exchange/store product on licensed the premise.


RCW: 69.50.382; 69.50.385
WAC: 314.55.085; 314.55.310;



Printer-friendly version