The research unit at the Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board is a non-partisan and transparent resource focused on public safety and health outcomes related to the products, policy, and regulation of alcohol, cannabis, tobacco, and vapor. Keep an eye on this page for updates on current projects and upcoming research. We will soon be launching a data dashboard to provide visual information about the products we regulate, community outreach efforts, our team and public safety and health metrics.
- We conduct comprehensive literature reviews to drive informed, effective, and evidence-based decision making and empirical studies.
- We develop innovative research studies to track policy outcomes and advance the scientific understanding of relevant concepts.
- We provide science-backed information (e.g., presentations and peer-reviewed publications) to a wide audience including regulators, researchers, and community members.
- We support streamlined data collection processes to gather valuable insights and increase transparency.
- We value collaborations and public outreach to understand emerging concerns in communities and research initiatives.
The research unit strives to be a resource for WSLCB and communities on non-partisan research-related activities. As such, the research team is committed to:
- Proposing, conducting, and reporting research that is grounded in the scientific method.
- Remaining transparent about conflicts or potential conflicts of interest.
- Monitoring and evaluating the integrity of all research initiatives.
- Ensuring responsible and ethical research.
- Clearly stating and citing sources in support of any conclusions and recommendations that are made.
To enhance public health and safety by conducting, analyzing, and reporting internal and external research that is evidence based and non-partisan.
A leading research center focused on the products and services regulated by LCB, with an emphasis on communicating science for public benefit.
Transparency, integrity, curiosity, fairness, and inclusivity.
Our goal is to conduct rigorous and innovative research that promotes health and reduces harm across communities in Washington.
Dr. Sarah Okey, PhD
If you would like to reach the research team, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also reach us by mail at:
Liquor and Cannabis Board
P.O. Box 43080
Olympia, WA 98504-3080
Or send us a fax at: (360) 704-5027