Using the information gathered during the application process, the WSLCB will either approve or deny your marijuana license application.
If the WSLCB approves your application, you will receive an electronic billing statement requesting payment of the $1,000 license fee. Applicants receiving both Producer and Processor licenses will need to pay a $2,000 fee.
Once this fee is received you will be sent an approval letter that serves as your 30-day marijuana license until you receive your Business License with the marijuana endorsement from the DOR Business Licensing Service.
If your application is denied, you can either:
Accept the decision and re-apply if the Board opens another application window, or request an administrative hearing
Reasons for denial may include:
- Failure to meet basic licensing requirements
- Objection from the local authority
- Premise is located within 1000’ of a restricted entity
- Questionable source of funds
- Indicators of hidden ownership
- Criminal history, i.e. conviction of a felony, conviction of a gross or simple misdemeanor involving liquor or drugs, any series of violations that show a disregard for the law.WAC 314-55-040
- Misrepresentation of fact