The Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board is offering licensed marijuana producers the opportunity to increase their plant canopy to 100 percent of the allotted maximum per tier. If you are a licensed producer and would like to expand your plant canopy to the allotted maximum for your tier at your licensed location, please complete the following:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Put your trade name and license number in the subject field.
- Attach a copy of an updated floor plan and highlight any changes to your floor plan that you need to expand your canopy. Include any modifications to camera placement or additional security that is required. Any significant changes to your floor plan require an application for Request to Alter Cannabis Site and/or Operating Plan (significant changes include any additional build outs—adding one or more rooms or changing your fence line).
In the body of the email, identify what tier you are licensed for and what your new plant canopy will be. You may not change your tier. The limits for each tier are:
- Tier 1 - 2,000 square feet
- Tier 2 - 10,000 square feet
- Tier 3 - 30,000 square feet
- Once you email your floor plan to WSLCB, you are approved to expand your plant canopy, unless you are making significant changes to your floor plan. Significant changes to your floor plan require prior approval from the WSLCB.
- Licensing will notify WSLCB Enforcement Officers of all changes. They will conduct random inspections. You must continue to meet all security requirements.