Applying for a Cannabis Alteration

Applying for a Cannabis Alteration
The LCB has simplified the process for licensed cannabis facility floor plan alterations.  Alterations are small changes to your floor plan that do not require a full investigation. There is no fee for these alteration requests. 

Floor plan alterations:

  1. Are related primarily to your floor plan, not your operating plan.
  2. Do not require a financial investigation- use this application for alterations when the funding for the change is coming from your business profits, or for those changes where you do not need to spend more than $1,000 of additional funds.
  3. Do not require a real property investigation- no changes are being made to your lease or location.

To apply for an alteration, submit the Cannabis Alteration Request form , along with a copy of your proposed floor plan, to

If you are making changes to your operating plan, using an outside source of funds for costs over $1,000, or your change will require changes to your lease, please complete the Request to Alter Cannabis Site and/or Operating Plan.


  • Alteration
    • Changes to cameras or points of sale
    • Increasing plant canopy within your tier
    • Structural changes to walls, rooms, or doors
    • All funds to make the change are from business profits
    • Additional funds from an outside source are less than $1,000
  • Request to Alter Cannabis Site and/or Operating Plan
    • Changes to products
    • Adding activity or processing method, extractions and edibles
    • Expanding into new suite (requires updated lease)
    • Funding over $1,000 coming from an outside source


If Alterations staff determine that your change requires a full investigation, they will transfer your file to a Senior Licensing Specialist in the Cannabis Unit and contact you to let you know.

You are not required to submit an application for changes that have no cost or minimal costs and do not change any information on the current floor plan or operating plan on file with the WSLCB. Examples of changes that do not require an application include:

  • Moving a table
  • Adding ATMs

If you have questions about which application to submit, or whether your change requires any application, please reach out to us at (360) 664-1600 or




Printer-friendly version