Marijuana-infused product, label, and package approval process:
A marijuana processor licensee must obtain approval from the Liquor and Cannabis Board for all marijuana-infused products, labeling, and packaging prior to offering these items for sale to a marijuana retailer. The marijuana processor licensee must submit a completed application, photo of the product, labeling, and packaging to the liquor control board for approval. The photo(s) provided shall be of sufficient clarity to illustrate the requirements outlined below.
A marijuana processor producing a marijuana-infused solid or liquid product meant to be ingested orally in a processing facility as required in WAC 314-55-015(10) must pass a processing facility inspection prior to the request for approval of a marijuana-infused product.
- The marijuana processor licensee must send an email requesting approval with the required information to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Label submission will be reviewed for compliance within 14 business days.
- If changes are needed, the licensee will receive an email indicating required changes.
- Label must be resubmitted with required changes and will be reviewed for compliance within 14 business days.
- If no changes are needed the label will be presented to the label approval team for a decision to be made within seven business days of label review.
- An approval or denial letter will be emailed to the licensee within two business days of decision.
- Marijuana-infused products in solid form must be labeled so that the serving size is prominently displayed on the packaging. The photo submitted must illustrate how the serving sizes are indicated on the product and the label or packaging.
- Marijuana products, labels, or packaging that are designed to be especially appealing to children are prohibited.
- Marijuana-infused products must be homogenized to ensure uniform disbursement of cannabinoids throughout the product.
- All marijuana-infused products must state on the label, “This product contains marijuana”.
All marijuana-infused products must meet all label and packaging requirements in WAC 314-55-105, 314-55-106, 314-55-077 and 314-55-155.
If the Liquor and Cannabis Board denies a marijuana-infused product, label, or packaging for sale to marijuana retailers, the marijuana processor licensee may request an administrative hearing per chapter 34.05 RCW, Administrative Procedure Act.