Most COVID-19 business restrictions have been lifted based on new state guidance. Business may return to usual capacity and operations, with limited exceptions and requirements.
Mask and/or vaccine requirements may be in effect in specific businesses or areas. Please check the state's website and with your county’s health district/department to find out if you must comply with local rules.
Guidance and/or Requirements
- Vaccine verification/negative testing: Recommended but not required for large indoor and outdoor events
- Capacity limitations: No restrictions in restaurants, bars, stores, businesses, theaters etc. (except large indoor events)
- Physical distancing: No requirements
- Facial coverings: The indoor mask mandates were lifted on March 12, but continue for some workplaces, employees and customers.
*Some exceptions will include schools and childcare centers that will continue to have some facial coverings and physical distancing requirements.
Requirements for places of employment issued by the Washington State Department of Labor & Industries have been updated here.
Allowances for LCB Licensed Businesses
- Several LCB-created allowances designed to support licensees temporarily remain in effect. All of the allowances expired on July 31, 2021 unless otherwise specified.
- For alcohol-licensed businesses, a sign regarding allowances is required to be posted where customers and staff can see it.