The WSLCB prefers that public records requests be made in writing, email or fax, so that both you and our staff have a record of the request.
You may use our Public Records Request Form.
|Public Records Office
Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board
P.O. Box 43078
Olympia, WA 98504-3078
To help our staff fill your request more quickly, please include:
- Your name and contact information (address, telephone number, email address, fax number)
- Date of request
- In accordance with Governor’s Directive 07-08, the WSLCB strives to provide all records electronically. Should you request your documents in an alternative format, there may be a cost attached (see FAQ section for costs).
- Hard copies are sent via United States Postal Service (USPS)
- The specific records you are requesting, or a general description of the records you want, which may include:
- The licensee’s name, trade name, or corporate name
- The establishment’s name, liquor license number or the Unified Business Identifier (UBI) number
- The street address of the establishment
- The owner(s) name(s)
- The date(s) of the incident(s)
- The time period of the records you want
Both the Public Records Act (RCW 42.56) and the Liquor and Cannabis Board section of the Washington Administrative Code (WAC 314-60-100) state that certain types of records and information are exempt from public inspection and copying. Personal, financial and tax information is confidential and cannot be shared with anyone without the individuals' permission. If you would like to authorize the release of your personal/financial records you will need to fill out the form LIQ 795.
If you cannot submit your public records request in writing, you may call the WSLCB Public Records Office at (360) 664-1746. Our public records staff will discuss your request with you over the phone.