If your potential business will be involved with the production, processing, or retailing of marijuana then you need a marijuana license.
To see application options please visit the Business Licensing Service's marijuana web page:
- Producer license descriptions and fees - Not accepting new applications
- Processor license descriptions and fees - Not accepting new applications
- Retailer license description and fees - Not accepting new applications
- Transportation License
- Cooperatives Registration Application
Change Applications - Use these forms to make changes to an existing license
Please mail applications to the Liquor and Cannabis Board - PO Box 43098, Olympia, WA 98504-3098
Note: If your application is pending, these forms do not apply to you. If you have any questions please call Customer Service at 360-664-1600 CustomerService@lcb.wa.gov..
All fees are non-refundable. Make check(s) payable to WSLCB.
- Application for Adding a Financier
- Application for Added Medical Marijuana Endorsement
- Cooperatives Change Authorization Application
- Expanding plant canopy to maximum allotted
- Request to Alter Marijuana Site and/or Operating Plan
- Request to add a Processor License
- Splitting a Producer and Processor License
Business Licensing Services Applications - These changes must be started through BLS
These applications must be mailed to BLS, who will then send the application for continued processing to the LCB. This stage of the process can vary in the length of time that it takes. After the application is assigned to a Licensing Specialist they will contact you to discuss the next steps in the application process.
- Change in Governing People, Percentage Owned and/or Stock/Unit Ownership
- Change of Location
A marijuana license is an endorsement on your Business License issued by the Washington State Department of Revenue (DOR) Business Licensing Service. You must complete the Business License Application even if you already have a Business License, along with a Liquor and Cannabis Board Marijuana Addendum.
If you are forming a corporation or limited liability company (LLC), you must register with the Washington Secretary of State's (SOS) office before filing an application with BLS. The Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board (WSLCB) will not issue a license to a corporation or LLC that is not registered with the SOS. Be sure to include the UBI number issued by the SOS for all license applications and filings.
Note: SOS filing fees are non-refundable and all information received by SOS is public record.
You may need additional local, state and federal licenses for your business that are not covered under the Business License Application. There may be other mandatory permitting/licensing requirements from other regulatory agencies that need to be fulfilled before starting construction. For more information use the link Other Regulatory Requirements.
To receive this document in an alternate format, please call 1-800-647-7706. Teletype (TTY) users may use the Washington Relay Service by calling 711. BLS 700-306 (10/13/15).
*Additional forms or documents may be required by the individual agency.