Marijuana Licensing

If your potential business will be involved with the production, processing, or retailing of marijuana then you need a marijuana license. The Liquor and Cannabis Board is not accepting applications at this time. However, the agency may accept applications at a later date.  

A marijuana license is an endorsement on your Business License issued by the Washington State Department of Revenue (DOR) Business Licensing Service. You must complete the Business License Application even if you already have a Business License, along with a Liquor and Cannabis Board Marijuana Addendum.

If you are forming a corporation or limited liability company (LLC), you must register with the Washington Secretary of State's (SOS) office before filing an application with BLS. The Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board (WSLCB) will not issue a license to a corporation or LLC that is not registered with the SOS. Be sure to include the UBI number issued by the SOS for all license applications and filings.

Note: SOS filing fees are non-refundable and all information received by SOS is public record.

After you submit your marijuana license application, the WSLCB will help you through the licensing process and ultimately decide whether to approve or deny your application.

Application process for marijuana businesses

Use the descriptions in the links below to figure out what type of marijuana license you need:

You may need additional local, state and federal licenses for your business that are not covered under the Business License Application. There may be other mandatory permitting/licensing requirements from other regulatory agencies that need to be fulfilled before starting construction. For more information use the link Other Regulatory Requirements

Submit your paperwork and fees 
To see your application options please visit the Business Licensing Service's marijuana web page.



Printer-friendly version