The WSLCB is committed to helping our fellow Washingtonians learn the facts and laws about alcohol and marijuana, prevent underage use, and encourage responsible use for those 21 and over.
Our pages are designed to help you:
- Understand alcohol and marijuana laws and regulations
- Learn how alcohol and marijuana use affect young people
- Access data about alcohol and marijuana use in Washington state
- Explore best practices for preventing underage use and adult misuse
- Find resources for schools and communities
- Get treatment referral information
Parents are the biggest influence
Research confirms that parents are the number one influence on whether their kids will choose to use alcohol and/or marijuana. Start Talking Now is a statewide campaign that encourages parents and caregivers to have – and continue having – conversations with youth before they start using.
Go to Start Talking Now to learn how to begin talking to youth about drugs and alcohol.